6:00 P.M. – Westhaven Ride – Pearre Creek Elementary School, 1811 Townsend Blvd., Franklin 37064 – This season the official HBC Thursday night ride has moved over to Westhaven. The ride will start each Thursday at 6:00 from Pearre Creek Elementary School. For those who can’t make it to Westhaven in time, a group of HBCers is riding from Hunters Bend School at 6:00 P.M. and doing the traditional Waddell Hollow (~22 miles) and Natchez Trace (~26 miles) routes.
The new routes from Westhaven are:
- Leiper’s Fork (19 miles, 900′) – this will probably be the only offering for April, and again in October. It is basically the Pancake Route, but starting in Westhaven.
- Alpacastan (23 miles, 1000′) – we plan to use this route from late April thru early October. This would be the standard “short” offering during the season. It has a REGROUP point that would be common to the standard long routes (Blazer and Carl).
- Blazer (26 miles, 1300′) – same as Alpacastan, but from the REGROUP you go out to Carter’s Creek, up to Southall, then in on Blazer.
- Carl (26 miles, 1300′) – also same as Alpacastan, but from the REGROUP you go out to Carter’s Creek, up to Carl, and right on Southall to rejoin Alpacastan.
- Fernvale (30 miles, 1500′) – this one would stay with the short route only up to the end of Boyd Mill. From there, it’s out Waddell Hollow to Stillhouse / Big East Fork, down Old Harding to Fernvale, then back by Backbone Ridge and Parker’s Branch. We won’t offer this route before mid-May, and will stop in September.
Our ride leaders are Robert Hendry and Chuck Mathis. Other volunteers are encouraged to assist. During the season, we’ll switch between offering Blazer and Carl for the longer riders. When we get enough daylight, we add Fernvale.