This season we are moving the HBC Thursday night ride over to Westhaven to avoid the traffic around Hunters Bend and Del Rio. The ride will start each Thursday at 6:00 from Pearre Creek Elementary School, 1811 Townsend Blvd. The routes are:
- Leiper’s Fork (19 miles, 900′) – this will probably be the only offering for April, and again in October. It is basically the Pancake Route, but starting in Westhaven.
- Alpacastan (23 miles, 1000′) – we plan to use this route from late April thru early October. This would be the standard “short” offering during the season. It has a REGROUP point that would be common to the standard long routes (Blazer and Carl).
- Blazer (26 miles, 1300′) – same as Alpacastan, but from the REGROUP you go out to Carter’s Creek, up to Southall, then in on Blazer.
- Carl (26 miles, 1300′) – also same as Alpacastan, but from the REGROUP you go out to Carter’s Creek, up to Carl, and right on Southall to rejoin Alpacastan.
- Fernvale (30 miles, 1500′) – this one would stay with the short route only up to the end of Boyd Mill. From there, it’s out Waddell Hollow to Stillhouse / Big East Fork, down Old Harding to Fernvale, then back by Backbone Ridge and Parker’s Branch. We won’t offer this route before mid-May, and will stop in September.
Our ride leaders are Robert Hendry and Chuck Mathis. Other volunteers are encouraged to assist.